Our core commitment to human worth and human connection sees expression in our support for the rights and dignity of members of the LGBTQ+ community.
- We have supported the founding of Bronx Parents of Pride, a local organization founded in 2020 of parents, family members, and friends of LGBTQ+ people as well as members of the LGBTQ+ community, to provide support, education, and advocacy.
- We strive to be are inclusive in our community of family and members of the LGBTQ+ community
- Our officiants now happily and proudly perform marriages without regard to the sex or gender of the partners (and before legal marriage was available performed ceremonies of union)
- We regularly celebrate Pride Month with programs to extend our own and the community’s understanding of LGBTQ+ issues and people, and also host and initiate programs at other times of the year on such issues
- We encourage active support by our members of maintaining and extending full human rights to LGBTQ+ people in our country and around the world
- We have participated in vigils for those murdered for their gender identity or sexual orientation
- We proudly fly the “progress pride” flag on our building, celebrating LGBTQ+ people and rights, and recognizing the special challenges of transgender and gender non-comforming people, and LGBTQ+ people of color.
Image: The Progress Pride flag designed by Daniel Quasar