Monday, August 30 – Friday, September 3
9am – 3pm
As we emerge from the pandemic and prepare for a new school year, join us for some fun, cooperative and creative activities! Growing Ethics Day Camp is directed by Jackie Davis, LMSW, a parent-educator and parent-of-campers, in partnership with Naa Pappoe, a long-time friend of RYSEC and Bronx Children’s Museum guide, plus some awesome supporting adults and teens!
We are excited for our fourth year of camp! In 2017, our camp was featured in the Riverdale Press.
Planned Daily Highlights for Camp in 2021:
- An environment of sharing responsibilities
- Outdoor learning and exploration
- Environmental advocacy
- Art and creative expression
- Ethics and empathy for others
- Water and outdoor play
- Mindfulness and centering
- Social justice
Regular camp will run from 9am-3pm. At 3pm families who choose may opt for their camper(s) to stay for “Movies with a Message,” which will be screened indoors. Campers will need to keep their masks on for the movie screening.
We do not have separate age groups at camp, but we do organize some small group activities. Your 5-year old will be interacting with 11-year olds, but not always in a large group setting. Many of our activities are outside, so we encourage campers who like outdoor play and exploration!
*On Wednesday, Sept 1, camp will be held off site at Seton Park and Riverdale Park. Detailed information shared prior to the start date of camp.
- Campers and counselors will need to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 48 hours of the first day of camp.
- Campers and counselors will be expected to wear masks at all times indoors, and if in close contact with anyone outdoors.
- Campers and counselors are asked to stay home if any symptoms (such as fever, cough, sore throat) should arise during camp week.
The director of the camp is vaccinated!
Fee: $350, $300 for each additional child
(RYSEC Members: $300, $250 for each additional child)
To Register: Register via Eventbrite