Your Ethical Legacy
Jone Johnson Lewis, Leader of the Riverdale-Yonkers Society for Ethical Culture, leads an introductory session on writing your Ethical Legacy, a shortened version of what is usually a somewhat longer process.
What messages do you want to send to your descendants, loved ones? What values have motivated you? What wisdom do you want to pass on? What do you wish for their lives?
This exercise is valuable at any point in your life. It can help you clarify purpose and deepen your relationships.
Join Zoom Meeting https://bit.ly/EthicalLegacy2
Participation is for those who are able to focus on what to pass on to the next generations. We understand that at this time, some may not be prepared to think about end-of-life possibilities.
Participants, especially those who are not members of the Society, are urged to make a financial contribution to help sustain our programming: Giving
Additional sessions or a repeat may be available if there is interest. Contact Jone if you want to participate later.
How to Participate
Due to COVID-19 precautions, this session is via Zoom. You can participate via video if you have an Android or iOS (iPhone, iPad) device, or a Windows or Mac computer, and an internet connection. If you don’t have one of those, you can call on the telephone and hear and be heard.
On Android, iOS, Windows, Mac
- Join Zoom Meeting: click on this link or start your app and enter the Meeting ID
Join Zoom Meeting: https://bit.ly/EthicalLegacy2
Meeting ID: 958 0736 7878
- First time: Download Zoom Mobile Apps for iPhone or Android / Download Zoom Client for Meetings
- Video: We can see you if you have a camera in your phone or laptop and have it turned on. If you’re using a phone, the experience is better if you turn your phone horizontally and place it on some books or other surface to point it at your face. If you get a message that your internet connection is unstable, you may want to try STOP VIDEO. Also stop video, please, if there is distracting activity at your location.
- Sound: If you’re using a desktop or laptop, after you log in, you can choose your computer microphone or the option of using your phone for sound (phone audio). Click the arrow next to the microphone (“Mute”) at the bottom of your screen if you aren’t automatically offered the choice.
- If you choose phone audio, phone numbers will be offered, along with the Meeting and Participant IDs you will be prompted to enter after you make the call.
- If you’re using computer audio, be sure your microphone is plugged in, turned on, and selected, if it is not automatically on.
On Telephone Only
- Dial a number from the list below and, when prompted, enter Meeting ID: 958 0736 7878
- You’ll be asked to identify yourself, so we know who is participating.
- Suggested call-in numbers:
+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US
+1 301 715 8592 US
Meeting ID: 958 0736 7878
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abfkzcdS8S
We look forward to seeing you!