This is a time of a turning of the year. Rosh Hashanah or the New Year in the Jewish calendar. Fall Equinox. A mid-harvest festival time. Mabon in Celtic and pagan cultures. Near the end of the first month, Muharram, of the Islamic calendar.
What about the seasons, the cycles of the year, is relevant to the lives even for modern people? How does recognizing the passage through the seasons center us, motivate us, help us manage our journey through life? How do seasonal celebrations renew and invigorate us?
Jone Johnson Lewis, Leader of the Society, will reflect on some of these questions.
We’ll also include a virtual ritual honoring, in a different way than other years, the International Day of Peace, and the peace pole on our property.
Program begins at 11:00 a.m, with gathering time until about 11:10.
Our Ethics Matters theme for September is Renewal.
How to Participate
On Android, iOS, Windows, Mac
- Click on this link: Join Zoom Meeting or start your app and enter the Meeting ID: 718 548 4445
- First time: Download Zoom Mobile Apps for iPhone or Android / Download Zoom Client for Meetings
- Video: We can see you if you have a camera in your phone or laptop and have it turned on. If you’re using a phone, the experience is better if you turn your phone horizontally and place it on some books or other surface to point it at your face. If you get a message that your internet connection is unstable, you may want to try STOP VIDEO. Also stop video, please, if there is distracting activity at your location.
- Sound: If you’re using a desktop or laptop, after you log in, you can choose your computer microphone or the option of using your phone for sound (phone audio). Click the arrow next to the microphone (“Mute”) at the bottom of your screen if you aren’t automatically offered the choice.
- If you choose phone audio, phone numbers will be offered, along with the Meeting and Participant IDs you will be prompted to enter after you make the call.
- If you’re using computer audio, be sure your microphone is plugged in, turned on, and selected, if it is not automatically on.
On Telephone Only
- Dial a number from the list below and, when prompted, enter Meeting ID: 718 548 4445
- You’ll be asked to identify yourself, so we know who is participating.
- Suggested call-in numbers:
+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US
+1 301 715 8592 US
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
- For other locations, find your number here: https://zoom.us/u/abfkzcdS8S
We look forward to seeing you!
- Download Zoom Mobile Apps for iPhone or Android / Download Zoom Client for Meetings
- Download: How to Join a Zoom Meeting (video: smartphone, tablet, computer)