4450 Fieldston Road
Happy Mother’s Day! A beautiful day to celebrate parents or guardians within our life. But what are the essential tools of mothering that shaped our experience? Maybe the mother we need happens during experiences we barely notice.
It is our pleasure to have Jé Hooper, who helped launch our Ethics for Children program in 2015-2016 and who has spoken here several times, as our guest speaker. More about Jé below.
11 a.m. is gathering time, to meet and greet one another. We start the formal program at 11:15 and end it around 12:30, then have some informal social time.
Our Ethics Matters theme for May is Thresholds: the practice of stepping into the unknown with courage, of bravely leaving behind what no longer serves us well.
How to Participate
On Android, iOS, Windows, Mac
- Click on this link: Join Zoom Meeting or start your app and enter the Meeting ID: 718 548 4445
- First time: Download Zoom Mobile Apps for iPhone or Android / Download Zoom Client for Meetings
- Video: We can see you if you have a camera in your phone or computer and have it turned on. If you’re using a phone, the experience is better if you turn your phone horizontally and place it on some books or other surface to point it at your face. If you get a message that your internet connection is unstable, you may want to try STOP VIDEO. Also stop video, please, if there is distracting activity at your location.
- Sound: If you’re using a desktop or laptop, after you log in, you can choose your computer microphone or the option of using your phone for sound (phone audio). Click the arrow next to the microphone (“Mute”) at the bottom of your screen if you aren’t automatically offered the choice.
- If you choose phone audio, phone numbers will be offered, along with the Meeting and Participant IDs you will be prompted to enter after you make the call.
- If you’re using computer audio, be sure your microphone is plugged in, turned on, and selected, if it is not automatically on.
On Telephone Only
- Dial a number from the list below and, when prompted, enter Meeting ID: 718 548 4445
- You’ll be asked to identify yourself, so we know who is participating.
- Suggested call-in numbers:
+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US
+1 301 715 8592 US
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
- For other locations, find your number here: https://zoom.us/u/abfkzcdS8S
We look forward to seeing you!