We mention Felix Adler often, as the founder of the first Ethical Society, so it’s helpful to remember some of the ideas that shaped our movement. Some years ago, I spent a lot of my summer re-reading all that I could find that Adler wrote, and mapping out what I thought were his essential ideas that still apply today. I’ve evolved that list a bit over the years. We’ll focus on those core ideas in this session. I’ll also mention a few of Adler’s ideas that I think are obsolete and we can happily leave behind.
– Jone Johnson Lewis, Leader, Riverdale-Yonkers Society for Ethical Culture.
- Total scheduled time is 2 hours; if you’re short of time, come for 60 or 90 minutes. (The first hour will include a presentation in several parts, with some structured discussion and clarification questions. The next 30 minutes will be structured discussion, then 30 more minutes of open discussion, for a total of 2 hours.)
- When: Jan 18, 2021 08:00-10:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
- Register in advance for this session:
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Zoom meeting.