Cal Lutheran University, Thousand Oaks, CA
Join peer activists, slightly older allies and EFC’s team of anti-racist educators for a hands-on program designed to take your leadership and organizing skills to the next level.
The 2023 program is designed in collaboration with the 2022 Encampers. You’ll learn with and from peers from around the country and with activists working towards social justice for marginalized communities in Ventura County.
If you are a young person (age 15-18) who wants to take that next step, apply early as enrollment will be limited. Application deadline is Monday March 6.
Allies: please pass this on to a young person you know who is ready for that next step!
Participants will develop and practice the powerful strategies of critical thinking, action planning, and using creativity and the arts while mobilizing for social justice.
- Work with and learn from grassroots organizers
- Learn from indigenous elders about their culture and our connection to the natural world
- Design and lead workshops with your peers
- Work for food and environmental justice at a local community garden
- Arts as Activism: activate the power of your imagination and creativity to make change
Have questions? Ask us at Contact EFC.