Ages 3-8 preferred / all ages welcome!
Free to register!
Ethics for Children provides a fun learning environment for kids to explore topics that foster empathy, respect, and a deeper understanding of self and others. Our programs feature creative play, social justice projects, stories, discussion, art activities and more. We encourage an appreciation of diversity, a sense of social responsibility towards people and the environment, and an underlying framework of ethical values.
Some key learning areas include:
- Ethical Decision-Making – Making ethical choices through the development of integrity, compassion, fairness/justice, responsibility and honesty.
- Social, Emotional and Leadership Skills – Affirming the worth and uniqueness of each individual; Standing up for others and ourselves with assertiveness and consideration; Conflict resolution and dealing with unpleasantness.
- Ethical Action / Social Justice – Understanding the importance of social justice and human rights; Exploring the opportunities and challenges for helping others and our world.
- Diversity and World Views – Exploring who else lives in the world, what their lives are like, what they believe, and how we are alike and different from people all over the world; The complexities of prejudice and stereotypes.
- Being Part of the Natural World – Understanding that we are all deeply interconnected with other people and the earth; Observing the natural world and learning about how to protect and preserve it.
- Ethical Culture & Humanism – Understanding (without pressure to adopt or conform to such ideas) the ideas and history of Ethical Culture and the broader humanist movement, rooted in commitment to individual human worth, the importance of action, and the value of human community.
We offer Ethics for Children with free registration and no set participation fee. We welcome contributions to help sustain our programs. Contributions help to hire our teachers and purchase necessary materials. We appreciate your generosity.